Running requires the coordinated control of each segment of the leg as 3-5 times your body weight impacts the ground over a 0.2 second period. Inefficiency in any portion of this motion can lead to:
Beneficial for all runners, whether casual or competitive, your evaluation will be performed one-on-one with an experienced Physical Therapist and will include:
- A comprehensive, hands-on assessment to determine any limitations in strength, stability and mobility throughout the trunk and legs that could affect your ability to run efficiently and pain free.
- A video analysis with freeze frame / slow playback to evaluate your running mechanics and ability to efficiently absorb forces and control momentum throughout your gait cycle.
- A free CD of your analysis to take home and review.
- A customized exercise program and training recommendations to address any areas of weakness or inefficiency and to make you a better, more injury-free runner.
- Recommendations for follow-up visits as needed to ensure progress towards your personal goals and advance your training to the next level.
- Recommendations on shoes that would compliment your running style or if you can safely perform barefoot running.
- Are you running with good form?
- Do you want to run faster and more efficiently?
- Do you want to run without pain?